[Gta04-owner] Battery cover printed at shapeways

Lukas Märdian lukasmaerdian at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 6 13:07:39 CET 2012

On 06.02.2012 01:16, Alexander Lehner wrote:

> Lukas,
>
> what about the other parts of the case you designed at Shapeways?
>
> Any news?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Alex.

Hi,

last week I got further prototype parts (middle + speaker-top), which
were just in time for FOSDEM and were presented there over the weekend.

The middle part still has some problems with the buttons and thus I
don't want to activate it in the Shapeways shop, yet.
The speaker-top part works just fine and I activated it at Shapeways
just now (including a foto of it).

Furthermore, I created a project page for this "3D printable GTA04
case"-project at my blog, where you can find all my modified STL files
(incl. licensing information, which wasn't possible at Shapeways) and
some more pictures of the prototypes:
http://blog.slyon.de/3d-printed-gta04-case/

Sadly I've to write 7 exams in the next few weeks at university and thus
I won't have a lot of time for working on this project. Still I already
did some work on the rront and speaker-bottom parts, which I can
probably order prototypes for in the next few days!

I really like to get this case production ready as soon as possible, but
as always: so less time, so much to do.

Cheers,
Lukas