[Gta04-owner] Linux 3.7 for gta04 "ARM architectures can use one single vanilla Linux kernel"

Belisko Marek marek.belisko at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 14:23:57 CET 2012

On Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 7:05 AM, Christ van Willegen
<cvwillegen at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 1:10 PM, Glenn <glenn.mh.dk at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Quote: "...
>> Now with 3.7, ARM architectures can use one single vanilla Linux kernel
>> while keeping their special device sauce in device trees.
>
> ISTR that Belisko Marek is working on getting Linux booting w/ a
> device tree on GTA04.
Yes, you can boot 3.7 kernel with device tree from this patch:
https://lkml.org/lkml/2012/11/14/638

It is still not yet merged and I don't get any reply from patch (will
ping maintaner soon).
BTW my patches for adding device tree bindings for tca-6507 was merged
and will appear
in 3.9 release.

> Christ van Willegen
> --
> 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Cheers,

marek

--
as simple and primitive as possible