[Gta04-owner] QtMoko v51 xmas edition

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Tue Dec 25 19:18:10 CET 2012

On Tuesday, December 25, 2012 10:25:02 AM Adrien Dorsaz wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've tried last days v51 and I'm proud to say that my wife found the
> sound was better (louder) with this version than v50 (with the GTA04A4).

Nice, it's probably Neil's work - i havent even noticed yet :)

> But it seems that there is a regression with calls : I don't know if
> it's the modem which isn't well disconnected after a call or if it's
> just an issue with pulseaudio, but sometimes I receive a call and I'm
> unable to discuss because I don't have sound and my correspondant
> doesn't hear me. Could someone confirm this regression ?

Hmm i am running v51 for like 2 weeks now and i had quite many calls, but it
always worked for me...

> I've also noticed that pulseaudio uses 6-16% of CPU continuously (as it
> was with v50), but if I try the "kill" workaround it seems that I can't
> hear sound during call (maybe that was the bug above, I don't know).

This looks suspicious. It should be < 1% normally and on my device it is. Can
you use strace to check what it is doing (preferably after reboot)? Something
like this:

	apt-get install strace
	ps -A | grep pulse
	strace -p 1234 (where 1234 is pid of pulseaudio)

> Can someone confirm that wifi doesn't connect any more ? (maybe I've
> missed my configuration, but I've tried ten times).

Wifi works for me well - i tried at least 3 AP's, 2 of them WPA2 and one of
them open.

> I'm trying to build qtmoko for my pc, to see if I can fix little bugs
> with old applications : e.g. google translate doesn't display the new
> "keyboard button" (like terminal)

Again for me it seems to work. After pressing button on the bottom bar
keyboard is shown:

http://scap.linuxtogo.org/files/76c753e240fe19ba03e8ba0334e32c20.png

> or mqutim can't connect to my xmpp
> server (maybe that's a bug due to the newer version of qt).

I had problems with rebuilding mqutim. Maybe i was missing some dependencies.

The thing with Qt is that with every new version there n new regression and
zero regressions fixed. It becomes quite tiresome, but i hope we will have
some peace when we fix all the current regressions with Qt 4.8.3.

Regards

Radek