[Gta04-owner] 3D Graphics acceleration available in the hw-validation kernel

Josua Mayer josua.mayer97 at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 25 18:59:49 CET 2012

Hi,

I have been experimenting with getting the proprietary 3D Acceleration
working on my GTA04 that I got from the GroupTour. For that I was using
the debian in nand.
I found out that my GTA04 contains a DM3730(that was not easy to find,
the command sgx_init_test told me so in the end).
Now what was curious after following the installation howto was that
sgx_init_test was producing these lines:
.... Hardware core designer: 0, HW core revision: 1.2.5
.... SGX microkernel software core ID: SGX 530, revision: 121

Now the first line told me that is indeed a DM3730 but the second one
suggested I am using the wrong gfx binaries. I used gfx_rel_es3.x as
suggested but the README.TXT of the graphcis sdk says I need 5.x
version. After installing that version, I finally got
.... SGX microkernel software core ID: SGX 530, revision: 125

I confirmed that things work as wanted by running ovg_unit_test which by
the way produces a very nice animation.

Josua