[Gta04-owner] Not getting 3G network anymore

Neil Jerram neil at ossau.homelinux.net
Mon Dec 24 12:20:23 CET 2012

Hi all,

I guess there are several possible reasons for this, but worth
announcing in case others see a similar thing.

In the last few days, my phone has stuck only to 2G connections -
whereas previously it switched freely between 2G and 3G and in practice
spent most of its time on 3G.

In QtMoko I can see this from the "G" in the top line, and also in
House, Spanner, Call Networks, GSM, Select Operator, which now only
lists networks with "(GSM)", whereas previously it had entries without
that.

I've checked that my codebase doesn't accidentally have "AT_OPSYS=0,2",
and it doesn't.

I suppose this could be because my phone has been blacklisted from my
operator's 3G network - does that ever happen?  I'm not aware of having
done anything to justify that, anyway.  Alternatively, I suppose it
could be something in the modem, and hence worth flagging here.  I've
tried a complete shutdown and taking out the battery for a minute or so,
but it made no difference.

Thanks,
        Neil