[Gta04-owner] Debian/SD card installation instructions

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Sun Dec 23 21:31:09 CET 2012

Hi,

Am 23.12.2012 um 01:21 schrieb arne anka:

> well, i don't think i have strayed from the path of the righteous yet.
> my main concern atm is to get th GTA04 to boot reliably from sd [1] --
> that's pretty much what qtmoko does, isn't it?
> but qtmoko isn't imo suitable as a base since it comes already full
> configured and featured, while i need a rather slim installation to be
> filled w/ fso/shr and then monav.
>
> i am quite prepared to do a lot of work on my own (and i have already
> noticed that the list is somewhat quiet and revolves mostly around qtmoko.

Well, this is not the intention of GTA04. It is intended to be open to as
many distros as there are...

It is just that QtMoko gives the best immediate user experience right
after installation. But there is a lot of work that Radek and others have
put in for more than a year.

Other projects don't have a GTA04 for that long time and therefore are
still working behind the curtains.

And some have their own mailing lists.

This may be a reason why they are not that visible on this list.