[Gta04-owner] Replacing Motherboard - Opening PCB Connector

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Fri Dec 21 17:15:52 CET 2012

HI Matias.

Am 21.12.2012 um 17:01 schrieb Matias Jose Seco:

> Greetings,
> i'm actually dealing eith the PCB Connector.
> At this point the manual asks to open it,
> and from the picture they seemed that the external extremities of the black part are pulled up.
> Is it right?
> I can't really see clear this part, could someone describe it more precisely :) ?

Here is the official data sheet and on Page 10/11 are the official instructions.

<http://www.hirose.co.jp/cataloge_hp/e58613007.pdf>

Foto 1 shows the "external extremities of the black part".

But I recommend to use two thumbs/finger nails on the left and right end of the black part
and not one on the middle.

Otherwise there is some risk of pulling up one side only and getting too much torsion on the black part.
If it snaps out it can't be re-installed.

And: please do some training on the GTA02 first.

What is also important:
* the black part rotates around hinges up to 90 degrees
* don't push on the black part
* don't pull the black part outwards

Maybe others can add their experiences?

PS: for the camera connector, operation is different - the brown part has to be pulled towards the GPS receiver module.
And lifted a little so that it moves above the small resistors. There isn't really much room...