[Gta04-owner] mixed thoughts: tablet/fm/nemomobile

Norayr Chilingarian norayr at arnet.am
Sat Dec 1 16:30:51 CET 2012

https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Nemo#Nemo_Mobile

http://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Nemo
I am afraid to not tell exactly right, but as far as I know, Nemo is a
mobile distribution based on Mer and it may be described like a MeeGo fork.
Mer is a MeeGo middleware, as a separate project. It is used in Vivaldi
Tablet ( http://makeplaylive.com/) and Jolla OS/ Sailfish(sailfish.org).

Nemo is hardware adaptation (read kernel) + Mer (middleware) + MeeGo UI,
and recently MeeGo ui was replaced with lipstick.

I use Nemo on n900, this is actually the only completely free
distribution (on n900 some parts of the kernel are closed source.)

Norayr

12/01/12 03:48 -???, Neil Jerram-? ???? ?: