[Gta04-owner] QtMoko mic volume

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Mon Aug 27 22:00:47 CEST 2012

On Monday, August 27, 2012 07:53:28 PM you wrote:

> I've confirmed now that this works.  Radek, please could you include the
> first patch below in the next QtMoko?
>
> In addition, I found a better experience from reducing the mic capture
> volume a bit, and increasing the playback volume; a separate patch for
> that is also below.
>
> (Both changes are relative to the v47 state files; for v48 I guess they
> may need manual merging because of the kernel change.)

Patches applied, thanks!

> During testing I saw some minor problems.  I think they're unrelated to
> the HW/SW routing switch, and also don't affect operation most of the
> time, but for the record:
>
> - On the first call attempt after a reboot, I sometimes got no audio at
>   all.  But the second and later calls were always fine.
>
> - From looking at AudioState logging, I think the alsactl commands often
>   generate warning output.  The calling code interprets this as an error
>   and repeats the alsactl up to 8 times.  This is inefficient, but I
>   don't think it has an observable bad effect.

I havent figured out good way how to check if alsactl was succesful. Return
code seems always same even when it fails. So i read stdout/stderr and when
it's not silent i consider it as error.

So if you do:

	alsactl -f /opt/qtmoko/etc/alsa/xxx.state restore

for each state it should produce silent output. If it does not please store
the state and send it to me so i can commit it.

My plan for some next release is to get rid of alsactl and switch the states
using alsa api - and also switch just elements that have to be changed.

Regards

Radek