[Gta04-owner] Current consumption during suspend

Christoph Mair christoph.mair at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 15:47:33 CEST 2012

Hi,

I've been monitoring my GTA04A3 running qtmoko v48-beta during suspend
for the last few hours and noticed that
- the TPS is dissipating more heat than the CPU [1] which could
indicate that the TPS is not powered down completely and some
subsystem is still active during suspend.
- the current consumption has periodic spikes with intervals of 500ms
and 1.42s [2]

I think that at least the bigger spikes are caused by the modem. Is
there an AT command to enable something like flight mode? Even if it
should not be registered with the network because I'm using an old SIM
which never got activated, the baseband might does more work that it
should do..
I don't know where the smaller spikes are coming from. Could be the
modem or the TPS or some other chip which I could not identify yet.
Any ideas?

Best regards,
  Christoph

[1] http://chonyota.net/gta04/infrared-2/Fridge2.png