[Gta04-owner] QtMoko mic volume

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Sat Aug 25 15:30:02 CEST 2012

Hi,

On Sat, 25 Aug 2012 13:44:20 +0100
Neil Jerram <neil at ossau.homelinux.net> wrote:

> Radek Polak <psonek2 at seznam.cz> writes:
>
> > On Saturday, August 25, 2012 12:30:50 AM Neil Jerram wrote:
> >
> >> Anyway, finally I have good news.  After building Radek's
> >> v3.2-gta04-qtmoko-v47 kernel - except without Andreas's patch ([1]
> >> above) - and also after reverting the corresponding alsa state change in
> >> the QtMoko rootfs [2], audio works again in both directions of a phone
> >> call.  So I think [1] was what broke audio for GTA04A3; reverting [2] is
> >> needed because [1] adds more mixer controls and so changes what is
> >> needed in the state files.
> >
> > If the problem is really the HW sound routing patch, then we need to fix it up.
> > Maybe we can add these new controls only for A4.
> >
> > Having two sets of alsa states is not a problem - QtMoko already uses different
> > state files for A3 and A4 (earpiece.state / earpiecehw.state).
>
> Hi Andreas,
>
> After looking at your patch more carefully, I see that most of the
> change is subject to the new "Voice route" control.  Apart from that,
> there's just a change to twl4030_init_chip() that might just be cleanup,
> or which might be fine for A3.
>
> Therefore, _maybe_ the only change that A3 needs is for the "Voice
> route" control to be "Voice to SoC" instead of "Voice to twl4030".

I am quite sure I have tested the Voice to SoC setting with software routing.
I see  no reason why that should not work in a A3. So just a separate audio
state file for A3 and the software routing daemon should be enough.
Very important should also be the clock priority setting
(AVADC Clock Priority).
The change in twl4030_init_chip() should not do any harm on gta03.

Greetings
Andreas Kemnade