[Gta04-owner] Linux 3.5 on GTA04

NeilBrown neilb at suse.de
Fri Aug 24 12:04:24 CEST 2012

On Fri, 24 Aug 2012 18:58:10 +0930 Kevin Hremeviuc <khremeviuc at yahoo.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, 2012-08-24 at 17:27 +1000, NeilBrown wrote:
> > On Thu, 23 Aug 2012 17:31:26 +0200 Radek Polak <psonek2 at seznam.cz> wrote:

> > > Btw have you noticed that in 3.4 or 3.5 kernel you can wake the device from
> > > suspend with touchscreen?
>
> I mentioned this ages ago when I tried the 3.4 kernel but no-one
> believed me. 3.5 is exactly the same. I have been using it for a bit
> because I ended up believing that tapping the touch screen to wake the
> device up is what you guys wanted.

Did you?  I must have missed it - sorry.  If you don't get an answer to
something that you think deserves an answer, please feel free to ask again
(after waiting at least 7 days).  I like to answer when I can but sometimes I
miss things or forget.

No, it isn't what I want at all.  It would mean that the phone could randomly
wake up while bumping around in my pocket, which at the very least would
waste batter power.  I've create a gross hack which stops my phone from
waking on 'tap' and I'll definitely make time somewhere to create a proper
fix.

NeilBrown