[Gta04-owner] No /sys/devices/virtual/gpio/gpio145/value in 3.5 kernel?

NeilBrown neilb at suse.de
Fri Aug 24 09:32:19 CEST 2012

On Thu, 23 Aug 2012 20:59:36 +0200 Radek Polak <psonek2 at seznam.cz> wrote:

> Hi,
> it seems that there is no /sys/devices/virtual/gpio/gpio145/value dir in 3.5
> kernel.
>
> In QtMoko i used it for powering on/off the GPS. I know that GPS is now powered
> on automatically, but still i could use it for 2 things:
>
> I have code in suspend which toggles GPS when the device is suspended and
> immediately wakes.

3.5 kernel does this for you.

> I have code in GPS plugin which toggles GPS when there are no data on
> /dev/ttyO1.

3.5 kernel does this for you.

> Maybe i could definitely get rid of this (and drop 3.2 kernel support), but
> currently bluetooth is not working for me so it would be regression...

Can you make it conditional on /sys/class/gpio/gpio145 existing?  (yes, I
gave a different patch.  I have heard it said that you shouldn't hard-code
paths through /sys/devices as they might change.  But then I've also heard it
said that /sys/class is going away, along with /sys/bus, to be replaced
by /sys/subsystem.  I suspect they stay, at least as symlinks, for a very
long time though).

So if the directory exist, do your magic.  If it doesn't, don't?

NeilBrown