[Gta04-owner] Linux 3.5 on GTA04

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Thu Aug 23 17:31:26 CEST 2012

On Tuesday, July 24, 2012 08:13:07 AM NeilBrown wrote:

> I think that is all. Power management seems to be largely unchanged - 25mA
> when in suspend, about 70mA when idle, awake, screen off, and about 200mA
> when idle and awake with screen on. I'll be using this on my phone on a
> regular basis and see how it goes.

Hi Neil,
i am now using 3.5 kernel with QtMoko. It looks good. I have implemented the
jack detection and it works great. I have also adapted the GPS code - it now
just rfkill blocks/unblock gps.

While i was working on these new features I have noticed one strange thing.
The device took in suspend 21..25mA. After reboot it is back at ~35 mA. So i
wonder what could have triggered the low power in suspend. I cant reproduce it
anymore ;-(

One more thing - i was trying to find out how much current is the modem
drawing. I have A4 version so i powered the modem off with this [1] script. I
was expecting that the current will go down, but it's even higher - around
45mA in suspend. I wonder what is wrong...

Btw have you noticed that in 3.4 or 3.5 kernel you can wake the device from
suspend with touchscreen?

Regards

Radek

[1]