[Gta04-owner] Building QtMoko v46

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Sat Aug 11 21:00:38 CEST 2012

On Friday, August 10, 2012 10:20:06 AM Sven Dyroff wrote:

> Hello,
>
> meanwhile I tried to build v46 of QtMoko and this time with success!!

Contgratz :)

> So I added my README with the very detailed and precise list of commands
> of how to achieve this to this mail. Radek, will you put it in your git,
> please? I don't think that it is necessary for every further unexperienced
> newcomer in QtMoko to find out all the same problems and bugs again. It
> should be sufficient that I had to do this...  ;-))

I dont like that you removed the "old", "native arm" and "Qt extended README"
sections. They are all useful.

I also dont like that it's reformated. The diff is big and it's hard for me to
notice which changes are relevant.

I also dont like the sections where you write that git submodules are in
infancy. I am using them for years and havent found any problem.

Please note that --recursive is not needed - there are no nested submodules in
qtmoko. Also git submodule sync is not needed since i have never changed
submodule urls - they are all on my github.

git checkout master_gta04 is also not relevant for gta02 users. I plan to
merge master_gta04 with master anyway,

I dont think i can commit the README as is. Please dont reformat it, dont
delete other sections and include only relevant stuff, then i can can commit
it.

Regards

Radek