[Gta04-owner] Modem voice hardware routing

Paul Kocialkowski paulk at paulk.fr
Sat Aug 11 16:18:02 CEST 2012

Le samedi 11 août 2012 à 10:40 +0200, Radek Polak a écrit :
> HW routing works perfectly. I am using it everyday. You need this [1] kernel
> patch and this [2] alsa state file.
>
> Just restore the state with:
>
> 	alsactl -f gsmearpiecehw.state restore

Thanks a lot! I got the patch integrated on top of the 3.2 Replicant
kernel. With your alsa configuration, I was able to get sound from the
other end to the GTA04 earpiece, with good quality and decent volume.
Though, I didn't get any sound on the other end: the GTA04 apparently
sends no sound. While trying to figure it out, I started the Android
recording app, during the call, and sound immediately got sent to the
other end, and it ended as soon as I closed the app. It worked exactly
the same with arecord. So I guess the mic isn't "opened" there or
something, when going with hw voice routing.

I'll try to investigate this and look how different the code from 3.5 is
from 3.2 (assuming that it works on your 3.5 kernel).

--
Paul Kocialkowski, Replicant developer

Website:        http://www.replicant.us
Wiki/Tracker:   http://redmine.replicant.us