[Gta04-owner] Modem voice hardware routing

Paul Kocialkowski paulk at paulk.fr
Sat Aug 11 00:05:30 CEST 2012

I realized that I haven't posted to the list since months, and it may
look like I'm not doing any work at all to port Replicant on GTA04.
Though, some work was done: there is now mostly full audio support
(output and recording via the android app while headset detection is
still missing). Most details about the experience are given on my dev
blog[1]. I now started to write an extensible and multi-device AT RIL[2]
(Radio Interface Layer) for Android. That gives me a good occasion to
learn how AT works (I'm more familiar with the closed binary samsung IPC
modem protocol) and thus gives me the opportunity to see what a crap AT
is and how painful it is to handle.

So I basically got calls figured out (among other necessary things
needed to reach the point where you can make a call) and I am now
starting to look at audio routing. I have a GTA04 revision A4 and I was
told that this revision can handle hardware audio routing to the modem,
which sounds easy to handle.

So what is the current state of hardware voice routing to the modem?
Replicant still uses an old 3.2 kernel from Neil's repo, with the
Android patches on top. Are there any patches that are needed to have
hardware voice routing working? What are the controls to use, etc?

Thanks!

[1]:
http://code.paulk.fr/article3/writing-a-full-featured-clear-and-flexible-alsa-libaudio-for-gingerbread-tinyalsa-audio
[2]: http://git.paulk.fr/gitweb/?p=hayes-ril.git