[Gta04-owner] QtMoko v46

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Tue Aug 7 08:21:32 CEST 2012

On Monday, August 06, 2012 10:58:01 PM Neil Jerram wrote:

> I just tried this under v46 too: left phone in same outside position for
> 2 hours with clear sky view; but NeronGPS still reported no fix and 0
> satellites.
>
> Then I restarted NeronGPS, and did "cat /dev/ttyO1" in a terminal
> window.  That showed GA and SV sentences that indicated a fix, with 10
> satellites in view.
>
> Therefore it looks like there is no problem with the GPS device being
> switched on; but the GPS information is getting lost somewhere in
> QtMoko.

Yup, i have got it nearly fixed now. It looks like QT 4.7 reports always end of
file on /dev/ttyO1 and there is condition that prevents parsing NMEA because of
this.

The whole code looks quite ugly. I have now replaced QFile with QSerialPort -
i think it will work much better now. It will take a few days to finish it up.

Regards

Radek