[Gta04-owner] Making sense of the sensors.

Michele Brocco ssj2micvm at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 20:10:34 CEST 2012

On 8/4/12, NeilBrown <neilb at suse.de> wrote:

> The compass seems to have a strong bias on all axes. Presumably some magnet
> in the GTA04 (speaker?) needs to be compensated for.  Has anyone played
> with
> this at all?  Figured out how to calibrate, then how to convert the 3
> numbers
> into  a compass direction?

hi neil,

I wrote a proof of concept user space compass application for the
navigation board (http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/ValaCompass). you can
take a look at the source code if you want. i wanted to update the
application once the kernel in shr will support this sensor and the
accelerometers. but currently I am very busy and could not chek if
everything is there already.

regards,

Michele