[Gta04-owner] QtMoko v46

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Fri Aug 3 15:48:11 CEST 2012

On Friday, August 03, 2012 03:31:32 PM Sven Dyroff wrote:

> meanwhile I made some more tests and especially had my first real
> telephone calls. Result: Sound is loud and clear in both directions, delay
> is low and no echo! Everything seems to work good and reliably. Once again
> thank you very much!
>
> Only one problem remains: If I call someone else and the other one hangs
> up at the end, QtMoko never recognizes this. In this case I also need to
> end the call by myself, too. Only if the other one had initiated the call
> and hangs up in the end, then QtMoko also ends the call, correctly.

Hi, this is because for incoming calls we do CLCC polling and for outgoing not
- it should be not that hard to implement, but i didnt have time yet...

> Furthermore I tried NeronGPS, but unfortunately without any success. No
> fix even after 2 1/2 minutes, outside and with clear view to the sky in
> all directions. Your new satellite icon always says 0. An earlier version
> of QtMoko caught fixes, although with very weak reception (-> only outside
> and only with clear view to the sky in all directions).

Hmm i cant get fix now too, but it was working before. So i wonder if this is
regression since v44/v45. I'll have to try.

> So finally my question again: Are you interested in getting donation for
> this great work, and if yes, how? I'm asking this question here on the
> list again because I think donating to software projects is a general
> theme. It has already been discussed within this list, but IIRC without
> lasting result. Of course I know that there are more guys involved in
> making QtMoko to come true, but I don't know who all and who did how much.
> So what shall I do other than offering you in personal the donation?
> You're free to spread it to the other involved guys...

Hmm i never thought about any donation system. I have payed job and QtMoko
development cost is zero.

Maybe it would be better to send donation to gta04 project instead? QtMoko
would be useless without HW that it runs on.

Regards

Radek