[Gta04-owner] 3.3 kernel for gta04.

NeilBrown neilb at suse.de
Sat Apr 28 00:26:59 CEST 2012

On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 23:45:02 +0200 Lukas Märdian
<lukasmaerdian at googlemail.com> wrote:

> On 09.04.2012 11:39, NeilBrown wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >  I finally got 3.3 working happily on my GTA04.  Partly there were new issues
> > to fix, partly I wanted to explore more deeply some of the issues that I have
> > previously hacked-around rather than fixed properly (there are still some more
> > of those though).
> >
> > 3.3 seems to work much the same as 3.2.  I would appreciate it if others could
> > test and confirm that it works for them.  Then we can encourage everyone to
> > upgrade while I look at 3.4 :-)
> >
> > Code can be found at
> >     git://neil.brown.name/gta04 3.3-gta04
> > and
> >     git://github.com/neilbrown/linux.git gta04/3.3.y
> >
> > Yes, I have changed the name of the github repository - I won't change it
> > again though.
> >
> > The 3.2 kernel (slightly updated) can be found at the same places with
> > "3.3" replaced with "3.2".  Both have been updated to the latest -stable
> > kernel (3.2.14 and 3.3.1).
> >
> > The only (intended) functionality changes are:
> >
> >    twl4030_usb: export status of id pin via sysfs
> > from Andreas Kemnade
> >
> > and GTA04 - make 3G wakeup a shared interrupt
> > by me.
> >
> > This allows sysfs to get interrupts from the 3G wakeup line so they can be
> > detected from user-space.  This means the following python script will print a
> > message each time the 3G module sends an interrupt.
> > I find that if I get an SMS while suspended I don't see the "+CMTI" notifier,
> > so I hook into this interrupt instead.
> >
> > I've updated
> > http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-kernel/page/Mainline-Status/
> >
> > Any feedback always welcome,
> >
> > NeilBrown
> >

> Hi Neil,
>
> I played with your python script latey. But I don't get it working. When
> I try to set ../edge to rising (as described here [0]):
> echo rising > /sys/class/gpio/gpio176/edge
>
> I always get (even right after a reboot):
> -sh: echo: write error: Device or resource busy

That is exactly the error you get if the patch is not applied.

I suggest you double check that you really are running the new kernel that
you compiled.

The 'EBUSY' is coming from the call to request_any_context_irq in
drivers/gpio/gpiolib.c
It has IRQF_SHARED in irq_flags so you will only get this error if the
request_irq in board-omap3.gta04.c is not marked IRQF_SHARED...

NeilBrown