[Gta04-owner] 3.3 kernel for gta04.

Lukas Märdian lukasmaerdian at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 27 23:45:02 CEST 2012

On 09.04.2012 11:39, NeilBrown wrote:

> Hi,
>  I finally got 3.3 working happily on my GTA04.  Partly there were new issues
> to fix, partly I wanted to explore more deeply some of the issues that I have
> previously hacked-around rather than fixed properly (there are still some more
> of those though).
>
> 3.3 seems to work much the same as 3.2.  I would appreciate it if others could
> test and confirm that it works for them.  Then we can encourage everyone to
> upgrade while I look at 3.4 :-)
>
> Code can be found at
>     git://neil.brown.name/gta04 3.3-gta04
> and
>     git://github.com/neilbrown/linux.git gta04/3.3.y
>
> Yes, I have changed the name of the github repository - I won't change it
> again though.
>
> The 3.2 kernel (slightly updated) can be found at the same places with
> "3.3" replaced with "3.2".  Both have been updated to the latest -stable
> kernel (3.2.14 and 3.3.1).
>
> The only (intended) functionality changes are:
>
>    twl4030_usb: export status of id pin via sysfs
> from Andreas Kemnade
>
> and GTA04 - make 3G wakeup a shared interrupt
> by me.
>
> This allows sysfs to get interrupts from the 3G wakeup line so they can be
> detected from user-space.  This means the following python script will print a
> message each time the 3G module sends an interrupt.
> I find that if I get an SMS while suspended I don't see the "+CMTI" notifier,
> so I hook into this interrupt instead.
>
> I've updated
> http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-kernel/page/Mainline-Status/
>
> Any feedback always welcome,
>
> NeilBrown

Hi Neil,

I played with your python script latey. But I don't get it working. When
I try to set ../edge to rising (as described here [0]):
echo rising > /sys/class/gpio/gpio176/edge

I always get (even right after a reboot):
-sh: echo: write error: Device or resource busy

Once I start the python script it says:
just read 0

But after a SMS came in and the phone is woken up the script does nothing.

Do you have any idea why this doesn't work? This is with your latest 3.2
kernel, which has the "GTA04 - make 3G wakeup a shared interrupt." patch.

Cheers,
  Lukas

[0] http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-kernel/page/Mainline-Status/