[Gta04-owner] QtMoko v44

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Sun Apr 15 00:01:25 CEST 2012

On Sat, 2012-04-14 at 20:58 +0200, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
> Am 14.04.2012 um 16:59 schrieb Andreas Kemnade:

> > http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-kernel/page/Wireless/ is a bit
> > clearer. But copying from the hw-test-script is of course a very good
> > idea. I have just done that now.
>
> BTW, it also check if the modem has powered up on a device
> that has no GPIO186 (i.e. the GTA04A3 boards).
>
> > But I guess that should definitively go into the kernel as a rfkill
> > device, I just do not know yet how and where to put the lsusb | grep
> > into the kernel in a clean way
>
> Another option could be to check if the HSO driver module has been loaded.
> Or check the existence of /dev/ttyHS*
>
> But I don't know if that is easier to handle in kernel space...

Hmm, a long
grep 'detecting usb devices' /dev/brain
gives the following:

ugly method: add a global variable to the hso driver saying if it is
used and checking it from a rfkill driver.

better method: bus_register_notifier()
check for BUS_NOTIFY_BOUND_DRIVER and then for the name of the driver
bound. That looks like a clean way, a separate module and no need
to mess around at multiple places in the kernel.

> And, Neil may comment on this since we have a similar
> toogle button control for the GPS module. There, an rfkill driver
> should monitor the serial line for (missing) incoming data.
>
> So I think both areas may have similar needs (timed monitoring of
> some /dev/tty from some other driver and pulsing a GPIO).

I think for the GPS module, the mechanism has to be a bit different.
The ugly method will be the same, but I do not know the better method
yet.

Greetings
Andreas Kemnade