[Gta04-owner] QtMoko v44

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Sat Apr 14 15:32:45 CEST 2012

Hi,

On Thu, 2012-04-12 at 15:40 +0200, Radek Polak wrote:
> Hi,
> QtMoko v44 is now available for download [1]. This should be best QtMoko
> release for GTA04 and i think i can recommend it for daily use. The GTA04 HW
> adaption is now nearly finished.

The gpio186 thing works not so well yet.
I get either
	a dialog with a number block and "please wait" above it (after
	showing "no modem" for some time
        (probably killing qpe here will help here)
	a simple message "no network"
That depends on the previous state (was it off or on at reboot?).
The modem also needs some time to boot before
it appears as an usb device.
I propose this check here:

if [ -f /sys/class/gpio/gpio186/value ];
then
   for dummy in 1 2 3 4 5 6; do
     if [ ! -e /dev/ttyHS_Application ]; then
       echo 0 >/sys/class/gpio/gpio186/value
       sleep 0.5
       echo 1 >/sys/class/gpio/gpio186/value
       sleep 8
     fi
   done
fi

With that code it seems to start reliably.
You should be able to go without the loop but not without checking
for file existence. If the modem is on and you change value from 0 to 1,
the modem will go into a half-turned-off mode so probably there will be
the "no network" message.

Is UMTS networking supposed to work? I have not seen it working in
qtmoko.

Greetings
Andreas Kemnade