[Gta04-owner] touchscreen with X with different kernels

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Sat Apr 14 14:54:15 CEST 2012

On Sat, 2012-04-14 at 13:22 +0200, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
> Am 14.04.2012 um 13:16 schrieb Andreas Kemnade:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Sat, 2012-04-14 at 13:04 +0200, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
> >> Hi Andreas,

> >> The Debian/LXDE in hw-validation also uses tslib and works fine.
> >>
> > From there I started, then switched to kernel 3.2 and tslib stopped to
> > work. Then I switched to evdev and I found out that I did more typos
> > with that configuration.
> > But I got the libts from squeeze never working with kernel 3.x.
>
> Hm. What was changed in the Kernel input event system?
> Or in the TSC2007 driver?

Well, EV_VERSION was changed from 0x010000 to 0x010001
libts from deb squeeze was compiled with EV_VERSION set to 0x010000
in /usr/include

> > Only the one from the link above which qtmoko seems to use.
>
> What is the diff to the sources from squeeze?
> Just some questions which may help to lead to answers...

Probably the tslib from lindi was compiled in a system
where /usr/include/linux/input.h contains EV_VERSION 0x010001

The only interesting difference is that there is a patch allowing also
the older version (which would not be needed on debian squeeze
because EV_VERSION is still the old one!).

The evdev X11 input driver seems not to use EV_VERSION and so it runs
with 2.6.32 and 3.2.

Greetings
Andreas Kemnade