[Gta04-owner] touchscreen with X with different kernels

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Sat Apr 14 09:37:46 CEST 2012

Hi,

On Sat, 14 Apr 2012 00:27:04 +0200
Lukas Märdian <lukasmaerdian at googlemail.com> wrote:

> On 14.04.2012 00:08, Andreas Kemnade wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > When I use touchscreen with evdev x11 input driver and kernel 3.2, the pointer
> > sometimes jumps away, when I'm using a virtual keyboard (short taps). Hitting
> > the same place multiple times gives different letters because of that jumping. I
> > tested that also with SHR.
> > The LXDE rootfs does not have that problem with kernel 2.6.32.
> > I produce much less typos with that kernel.
> > Are especially my fingers incompatible to kernel 3.2 or do others have
> > the same problem? Is there any solution for it?
> >
> > Greetings
> > Andreas Kemnade
> >

> I've a jumping pointer on SHR 3.2 as well. Dunno if it's a SW problem or
> if it's my old touchscreen...

I have a new touchscreen. My plan is that the retired GTA02 controls my reprap
in the future, so I have ordered a new touchscreen.
It is definitively at a least a problem which can be solved in software
since with 2.6.32 and tslib xorg driver it does not exist.
The debouncing was turned off in 3.2 due to power management issues
as far as I can rememmber, maybe there is a relation between that.

Greetings
Andreas Kemnade