[Gta04-owner] GTA04 development state

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Tue Apr 10 19:41:34 CEST 2012

On Tuesday 10 April 2012 14:51:34 Farny Guillaume wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I'm new. I wonder if I will invest money and time in testing and developing
> for GTA04. To my belief it's worth it actually, but I don't see the state
> of development yet. I'm reading the whole mailing-list, but if you give me
> hints I will go faster. -> what kernels can be installed ?

2.6.32 has all drivers, but power management is missing.

3.2 and 3.3 kernels have power management working. Some drivers are not yet
ported, but gsm, bluetooth, wifi, gps and sound are working. Neil Brown is
doing great work here, many thanks for that!

> -> how does Qtmoko and examples on it ?

I am using GTA04 with QtMoko daily as my only phone. gsm, bluetooth, wifi and
gps are working from the gui. GSM calls are now working pretty good. Sound
quality is ok. I am using bluetooth headset and mplayer for mp3. It can also
play videos in fullscreen. For GPS you can use NeronGPS - very nice app or
navit. For me wifi has low sensitivity so i can't use it much, but others seem
to have not this problem.

As for QtMoko GTA04 HW adaptation is now nearly done. After 5 months it's
further then it was after 2 years on GTA02.

> -> have a good documentation or papers I should start with ? (I am new on
> mobile phones, only have experience with PCs)

Check user user manual and gta04 wiki. Most interesting is probably kernel:

	http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-main/doc/

Regards

Radek