[Gta04-owner] Compile HW-Validation Kernel with gcc 4.6.3

Josua Mayer josua.mayer97 at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 5 21:17:22 CEST 2012

Hi,
I am trying to build the HW-Validation Kernel for openSUSE on the
opensuse build service and I caught a compile error that I am unable to
solve.

CC arch/arm/kernel/sysfs_v7.o /tmp/ccSMrF5A.s: Assembler messages:
/tmp/ccSMrF5A.s:294: Error: selected processor does not support ARM mode
`smc #0' /tmp/ccSMrF5A.s:331: Error: selected processor does not support
ARM mode `smc #0'
# I have uploaded the full logfile at http://jm0.eu/hwv.txt

I used google to find a solution and apparently this is an issue with
gcc > 4.5. I found osme fixes that solve the error message for a newer
kernel (2.6.37) but I am not able to apply them here. If anyone has the
time (and wants to) help with this it would be highly appreciated. On
the other hand this kernel will probably not be relevant in the future.
I also made a package of the 3.2-kernel by Neil Brown and it builds fine
with this version of gcc but the package is far from finished.

Josua Mayer