[Gta04-owner] GTA04A4 Group Tour - next steps

NeilBrown neilb at suse.de
Wed Apr 4 14:09:42 CEST 2012

On Wed, 4 Apr 2012 12:31:01 +0200 "Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller"
<hns at goldelico.com> wrote:

> Regarding an application shop: would it be interesting to software developers
> to earn some money through a central shop (with portal, search facility,
> payment management) and for users to get higher quality applications by
> paying some cents? Some percentage could be used to support future hardware
> development. I.e. similar to the revenue sharing model of Apple?

To make an app shop work you would really need to choose one platform.
Would that be qtmoko? or FSO? or KDE plama? Android?

Once you have that sorted out you need to be selling hundred of units of an
app before the money starts to become interesting.  And for that you need to
ship thousands of devices at least.

However having a 'store' where people could show-off their apps and others
could vote and comment might be of some value.

Neil Brown