[Gta04-owner] gta04 board can boot only outside freerunner case

Christoph Mair christoph.mair at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 21:58:41 CEST 2012

On Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 11:35 PM, Belisko Marek <marek.belisko at gmail.com> wrote:
> after some seconds (10) board become unresponsive (console hangs).
> I can reproduce it 100% times. Just start booting press any key to get
> uboot promt
> try to type some command and it just hangs. Could be related to battery

The board just hangs and is still powered on? What happens if you
press the power button?

> Can I hack battery connector to connect normal power supply and don't
> damage board?

Depending on the equipment available you can try to:
- Use a laboratory power supply:
Connect it to the battery springs, either directly (do not bend them
too much!) or from behind through the connector. Then set the voltage
to about 4V and set the current limiter to > 1A. Switch the power on
and use a multimeter to measure the real voltage available at the
spring contacts. Increase the voltage until you get "real" 4V" at the
contacts. Then the board should boot without battery.

- Use an external power supply on the debug connector:
Two pins of the debug connector are wired to the AC charge path.
Connect a 5V, >=1A power supply to these contacts (jou can use the
RS232 cable, if available). This setup will only boot with a battery.

Regards,
  Christoph