[Gta04-owner] Status

John Ogness gta04 at ogness.net
Sun Sep 4 12:40:03 CEST 2011

On 2011-09-04, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com> wrote:
> Ok, then our approach in gta04_soc_init() to allocate separate
> platform devices should be the correct one.

Yes, although I have not studied the details of gta04_soc_init() to
determine why it is not working for you.

> The code we have so far compiles and appears to load drivers, but
> they are never registered as additional sound cards. While the twl
> codec is registererd. The boot log looks like attached.
>
> [...]
>
> The patches I have sent to you for analysis are not yet committed to
> the git server, but I also could submit them do a new branch.

Thanks, but that's not necessary. I can work with the git tree as it
is and the patches you have sent.

> Maybe we should try to provide you some hardware...

I have access to a couple of OMAP3530 boards. Although they aren't
wired up for multiple McBSP channels, I can do primitive tests to see
if the code is doing what it should.

For example, yesterday I had 2 codecs registered on 2 different McBSP
channels. And indeed, I had 2 sound card devices in /dev.

Also, I don't have much free time. The boards should be made available
to developers that won't have the hardware sitting cold in a corner
for days at a time.

Today I should have time to create a couple patches for you to
test. Even if they don't work out-of-the-box, they may be enough to
point you guys in the right direction so that you can continue your
great work.

John Ogness