[Gta04-owner] Status

John Ogness gta04 at ogness.net
Fri Sep 2 10:23:59 CEST 2011

On 2011-09-02, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com> wrote:
>> 2. OPTION GTM601
>> we have not yet had success to access the PCM interface
>> from the Linux side. The problem is that we don't understand
>> ALSA SoC good enough to add a separate McBSP channel
>> that either becomes visible as a separate sound card or
>> as another channel or subdevice of the existing sound card
>> for Earpiece, Microphone etc.
>>
>> If there is someone on this list who is knowledgable about
>> the ALSA SoC architecture and drivers, please let's discuss.
>
> Here we still need some support.

I have done some work with audio drivers for OMAP3530 boards. I do not
have much free time available, but maybe I can help out here.

Are we talking about multiple codecs connected to different McBSP
channels? Where do I find the board layout documents showing the chips
and their connections to the OMAP SOC?

John Ogness