[Gta04-owner] Another successful installation

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Fri Oct 21 08:47:31 CEST 2011

Am 19.10.2011 um 23:36 schrieb Neil Jerram:

> Hi!  I've installed my GTA04A3 board this evening, and everything appears to have gone perfectly.
>
> Just a couple of minor queries:
>
> - There's a green LED constantly on underneath the power button.  Is that expected?

Yes. This is controlled by U-Boot / boot.scr.

The LED goes red when the kernel (uImage) begins loading from the SD card.
It goes yellow when loading is done.
and green when the kernel is started.

You can control the LEDs from user space as described here:

http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-kernel/page/LEDs/

> - The manual mentions replacing the Openmoko sticker, underneath the battery with a new GTA04 sticker, but I don't think there was any sticker in my delivery.  Is that just because the CE conformance hasn't been done yet?

Yes. The plan is to provide a new sticker with the correct certifications and
the IMEI. This means we need to add some label printer to the tester machine...