[Gta04-owner] There's not only Linux out there

Brian Wilson brian at wildsong.biz
Fri Oct 21 01:09:25 CEST 2011

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 3:17 PM, Martin Christian <martin at christianix.de>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> so many people hurray about their new GTA04 devices, so I'm wondering if
> I missed some call to order?!

They are the venerable Early Adopters, the group who put money down when the
GTA04 board was just a dream.
I am one of the newcomers now waiting for the call to order.

> Anyways, why are you so fixed on Linux as an OS for a mobile phone?

This phone is a follow on to the GTA01 and GTA02 which both run Linux, so
porting existing software will be pretty easy compared to starting from
scratch. In my mind that was the whole point of the GTA04: build on the
community and the phone and the experience I already have, but make it all
better.

For me being able to run Linux everywhere is one of its great strengths.

Brian Wilson
Corvallis Oregon