[Gta04-owner] psychedelic remix (audio-demo) / WIFI

Boudewijn wankelwankel at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 18 22:37:41 CEST 2011

Hi List,

Hahaha, I just got a lesson "don't click before you read", after opening the
audio-demo in the demo-distro!

At first I thought:"Well well, someone got a taste for quite experimental
music", until I began to recognize a pattern... cat'ing the script confirmed
my suspicion, but since I had clicked the file in the GUI with no "big"
computer near (so no SSH), it was up to my big fingers to wriggle enough
letters out of the onscreen keyboard to first mute the audio channels and kill
arecord.

Anyway, preparing the uSD took no effort (that's one benefit of living at the
end of the DPD distribution route).

Should wifi be available without further ado? I got four interfaces, but none
of them has wireless extensions:
gta04:~# iwconfig
lo        no wireless extensions.
hso0      no wireless extensions.
usb0      no wireless extensions.
pan0      no wireless extensions.
gta04:~#

I have tried modprobe libertas (which loads) but it doesn't give me an
additional interface. Where should I find complaints if it fails to load a
firmware? There's no /var/log/messages and dmesg doesn't tell anything either.

Best regards,

Boudewijn