[Gta04-owner] received my GTA04A3! some issues :)

Johannes Schauer j.schauer at email.de
Fri Oct 14 16:14:31 CEST 2011

Hi,

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 03:38:47PM +0200, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
> Is the backlight going on?

When I have no SD card inserted, the backlight will immediately switch
on, once I insert the battery.

> * can you try to ind out if there is some U-Boot console activity?

Only after getting hold of a usb to serial adapter.

I suspect that the `makesd` script is just broken - for example the
default url given in the SERVER variable doesnt offer the uImage.

Additionally the script should break once something goes wrong, so
something like `set -e`.

I now fixed the SERVER variable, ran the script and then inserted the
sdcard again and then the battery. This time the screen flashes white
once and after some time the PWR led comes up and stays red.

Could maybe someone do a

	dd if=/dev/sdb | gzip -c > image.gz

of a working sdcard and upload it somewhere so that I can rule out
problems with the `makesd` script? It would be much easier to track down
the problem from a working setup. If it is needed I can supply webspace
to upload the image to. My sdcard is 8gig so assuming your sdcard is
smaller or of equal size this method should work.

cheers, josch