[Gta04-owner] GTA04A3 System Manual

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Wed Oct 12 10:02:46 CEST 2011

Am 12.10.2011 um 09:22 schrieb Christoph Mair:

> On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 11:41 PM, NeilBrown <neilb at suse.de> wrote:
>
>> Questions/corrections:
>>
>>  2.1 Feature comparison
>>  Sensors:
>>                  2-axis Accelerometers (optional)
>>
>>  Should that be
>>                  3-axis Accelerometer (optional)
> One 3-axis
>
>> Also I thought there was only one Accelerometer, but the schematics suggest
>> there is either an LIS302 and and LSM303DHL,
>> or an LIS302 and a BMA180 and a HMC5883L
> Since the LSM303DHL is still not available for purchase it will be
> removed. The LIS302 will disappear on the next version as well, IIRC.

And they are much more expensive what we have now.

BTW: some of the EA boards have both, the LIS302 and the BMA180.
Because they have different I2C addresses.

For the compass, we had to choose between the LSM303 and the HMC5883.

> Small chips which could take their place can still be proposed ;-)
>
>> In either case, 2 accelerometers and a compass.
> Finally it should be one accelerometer, a compass and a gyroscope.
>
>> And the interrupt line from the accelerometer(s) are connected to GPIO lines
>> on the CPU rather than on the power controller, which seems to suggest that
>> the accelerometer cannot wake the system from sleep mode.  Is that correct?
> I'm not sure about this but I think the processor can tell the power
> controller that it wants to wake up.

I will capture all these corrections for the next release of
the document.

Thanks for all hints and suggestions!