[Gta04-owner] Complete GTA04 phones

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Tue Oct 11 14:32:59 CEST 2011

Am 11.10.2011 um 14:07 schrieb Hermann Schwärzler:

> hi
>
> On 10/11/2011 12:38 PM, Christoph Mair wrote:
>> On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 12:34 PM, Jorge Costa
> [...]
>> Shapeways.com refused to print them because they contain too small
>> details and too thin walls. They can't even do the power button.
>> You would have to adapt them to get a printable case. Currently they
>> are optimized for injection moulding. This process can't be "emulated"
>> with a 3D printer (yet).
> [...]
>
> this is just an idea:
> how about 3D-printing (e.g. in steel) a mould and using a moulder like
> this
> http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120755295134
> or this

Interesting approach!

I think the key factor is:

Max shot capacity: 1oz (30g ?)

The total Freerunner case weigths more, but all
single parts are below.

> http://www.injectionmolder.net/
> one to create cases using injection moulding?

Looks interesting! According to the description it
may take 5-10 min per piece. So assuming a simplified case
with 4 parts could be built in 30 min. Means 15 per day...
With experience much more. So our community has to
grow until we need several such machines :)