[Gta04-owner] Complete GTA04 phones

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Tue Oct 11 10:15:19 CEST 2011

Hi,

Am 10.10.2011 um 22:12 schrieb Bob Ham:

> Hi,
>
> Can I ask: will Golden Delicious be selling complete GTA04 phones or
> only the motherboards?  That is, will it be necessary to buy an original
> Freerunner first in order to make a GTA04?

We plan to disassemble some units returned from GTA02 customers
which have minor issues and install GTA04 baords.

> I always assumed you would be selling complete phones but I realised
> I've never actually seen that stated explicitly.  Looking at the Golden
> Delicious web site, I see the main GTA04 product page presents only a
> motherboard.

The key problem is that we don't have access to the tools (plastics injection
moulds) and some components (e.g. the Philips ear speaker is no longer
in production). Finding alternatives is possible but sum up to >>100 EUR
per case. We think this is too expensive in the moment.