[Gta04-owner] Linux 3.2-rc3 on GTA04

Neil Jerram neil at ossau.homelinux.net
Wed Nov 30 00:59:53 CET 2011

On 29.11.2011 10:00, Johannes Schauer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 02:44:56AM +0000, Neil Jerram wrote:
>>
>> gta04:~# ts_calibrate
>> xres = 480, yres = 640
>> selected device is not a touchscreen I understand
>>
>> And then touching on the screen with the stylus has no apparent
>> effect.
>>
>> I can probably research this further myself, but if you happen to
>> know what else is wrong....
>
> this is how to calibrate using ts_calibrate:
>
> TSLIB_CALIBFILE=/etc/pointercal TSLIB_TSDEVICE=/dev/input/event0
> TSLIB_CONSOLEDEVICE=none ts_calibrate

Thanks, josch.  However, it wasn't actually that; it was my tslib
software doing an unnecessary version check as described here:
https://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/tslib-general/2008-October/000101.html.

Apparently Debian stable tslib has the version check, and in Debian
testing tslib it was removed.  Upgrading the tslib packages to testing
allows the calibration process to proceed.

But the calibration is still wrong, as I described before (i.e. Y
inverted).

Possibly my wider problem now is that I need to upgrade more of the
rootfs.  I guess Debian stable is pretty old compared with Linux
3.2-rc3.

Regards,
       Neil