[Gta04-owner] Battery not showing volage when uplugged from usb?

NeilBrown neilb at suse.de
Tue Nov 29 22:46:36 CET 2011

On Tue, 29 Nov 2011 15:34:33 +0100 Radek Polak <psonek2 at seznam.cz> wrote:

> Hi,
> sometimes i when i unplug GTA04 from usb or boot only on battery the values in
>
> /sys/bus/platform/devices/twl4030-bci-battery/power_supply/twl4030_bci_battery
>
> are quite strange. E.g. i see:

> Voltage: 0
> Current: 12
> Online: 0
> Temperature: 59
>
> Any ideas?

That devices doesn't correspond to the battery, it corresponds to the
   Battery Charging Interface (bci).

When nothing is plugged in it cannot charge so it is not unline.
You need the bq27000-battery device which I don't think the
hardware-validation kernel has.  My 3.2-rc kernels have it and it reports
properly when unplugged.

NeilBrown