[Gta04-owner] Additional RAM free for everyone!

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Tue Nov 29 13:26:07 CET 2011

Am 29.11.2011 um 13:09 schrieb Johannes Schauer:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 11:26:43PM +0100, Christoph Mair wrote:
>> You may have noticed that your GTA04 was advertised with 512MiB of
>> RAM, but u-boot and linux told you that only 256MiB are actually
>> installed.  Here is how to double that amount with three easy steps:
>>
>> 1) Get a copy of the newest x-loader binary: http://chonyota.net/gta04/MLO
>> 2) Update your boot partition to use the new x-loader. It should work
>> if you just overwrite your MLO. No need to create a new partition
>> (please make a backup of the old MLO anyway).
>> 3) Boot and be happy!
>
> nice! works like a charm!
>
> # free -m
>             total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached
> Mem:           474         82        391          0          2         39
> -/+ buffers/cache:         40        433
> Swap:            0          0          0
>
> i wonder why this is not the default MLO at download.goldelico.com?

Just because we are slower than others reading mails :)

We have to check some detail if all patches of the download.goldelico.com
MLO are included. There are 2 or 3 (having to do with board revision
detection and board revisions - but for the GTA04A3 board there is
only one version out in the wildness).