[Gta04-owner] Linux 3.2-rc3 on GTA04

NeilBrown neilb at suse.de
Tue Nov 29 04:21:02 CET 2011

On Tue, 29 Nov 2011 02:44:56 +0000 Neil Jerram <neil at ossau.homelinux.net>
wrote:

> On 29.11.2011 00:25, NeilBrown wrote:
>
> > You need to run ts_calibrate without X running, and you might need to
> > tell it where to find the touchscreen device.
> > e.g.
> >
> >   export  TSLIB_TSDEVICE=/dev/input/event1
> >   ts_calibrate
> >
> > touch it is safer to get udev to create a more meaningful device
> > name.
> > i.e. have a file
> > /etc/udev/rules.d/55-touchscreen.rules
>
> Either with or without the udev file, I get:
>
> gta04:~# ts_calibrate
> xres = 480, yres = 640
> selected device is not a touchscreen I understand
>
> And then touching on the screen with the stylus has no apparent effect.
>
> I can probably research this further myself, but if you happen to know
> what else is wrong....

It must be finding the wrong device.
If you run
   evtest /dev/input/eventX
for various values of 'X' you will get info about that event device.
The touchscreen looks like

--------------------------------------
# evtest /dev/input/event0
Input driver version is 1.0.1
Input device ID: bus 0x18 vendor 0x0 product 0x0 version 0x0
Input device name: "TSC2007 Touchscreen"
Supported events:
  Event type 0 (Sync)
  Event type 1 (Key)
    Event code 330 (Touch)
  Event type 3 (Absolute)
    Event code 0 (X)
      Value      0
      Min        0
      Max     4095
    Event code 1 (Y)
      Value      0
      Min        0
      Max     4095
    Event code 24 (Pressure)
      Value      0
      Min        0
      Max     4095
Testing ... (interrupt to exit)
You then need to interrupt to exit...  touching the touchscreen at this point
will show you the raw events that are generated.

Once you identify it - /dev/input/event0 in this case,

export TSLIB_TSDEVICE=...the-one-that-you-found...

then then run ts_calibrate.

NeilBrown