[Gta04-owner] Linux 3.2-rc3 on GTA04

Neil Jerram neil at ossau.homelinux.net
Tue Nov 29 03:44:56 CET 2011

On 29.11.2011 00:25, NeilBrown wrote:

> You need to run ts_calibrate without X running, and you might need to
> tell it where to find the touchscreen device.
> e.g.
>
>   export  TSLIB_TSDEVICE=/dev/input/event1
>   ts_calibrate
>
> touch it is safer to get udev to create a more meaningful device
> name.
> i.e. have a file
> /etc/udev/rules.d/55-touchscreen.rules

Either with or without the udev file, I get:

gta04:~# ts_calibrate
xres = 480, yres = 640
selected device is not a touchscreen I understand

And then touching on the screen with the stylus has no apparent effect.

I can probably research this further myself, but if you happen to know
what else is wrong....

Thanks,
         Neil