[Gta04-owner] Linux 3.2-rc3 on GTA04

Neil Jerram neil at ossau.homelinux.net
Tue Nov 29 00:58:39 CET 2011

On 26.11.2011 11:43, NeilBrown wrote:
> Hi again,
>
>  I have just updated
>     git://neil.brown.name/gta04#merge
>
>  to 3.2-rc3.

> All input very welcome,

For me it boots successfully into X.  Touchscreen input seems to be
off/wrong in a couple of ways though:

- the Y coordinate appears to be inverted; i.e. Y_reported = 640 -
Y_intended

- the reported X coordinate is a little (about 10% of screen width) to
the left of where I actually pressed.

"Reported" values are inferred from where the cursor is drawn, and also
from the effect of whatever is underneath that screen position.

That's as far as I've got for now.

          Neil

(Note that I'm new to kernel compiling, so it's possible that I've done
something wrong in the process...  What I did was:
   download the toolchain you specified
   engage brain :-) and download the i686 one instead, since I don't
actually have x86_64
   export PATH and CROSS_COMPILE as you specified
   export ARCH=arm
   . the angstrom environment-setup
   make gta04a3_defconfig
   make uImage
   make modules
   export INSTALL_MOD_PATH=`pwd`/install
   mkdir install
   make modules_install
   copy arch/arm/boot/uImage onto GTA04
   copy install/lib/modules/3.2.0-rc3+ onto GTA04
)