[Gta04-owner] GTA04 Video Playback

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Mon Nov 28 17:44:34 CET 2011

On Monday 28 November 2011 15:51:03 Denis Shulyaka wrote:

> I wonder if anyone has already tested the video playback performance
> on a GTA04? Can it handle 640x480 at 25 full-screen video using mplayer?
> It's one of the features that I miss very much on my GTA02.

I can play 480x640 at 25 video on debian's ARMv4 compiled mplayer. Mplayer
complains about slow system, but the video and audio are just fine even with -
framedrop option. This was with sdl video output.

So IMO it definitely can handle such videos. I am quite sure that it can play
even bigger videos if compiled with NEON or with video driver for omap. But as
i said - video driver sdl + audio alsa plays 480x640 movies just fine.

Regards

Radek