[Gta04-owner] Virtual regulator for VSIM (GPS)

NeilBrown neilb at suse.de
Sun Nov 27 23:20:10 CET 2011

On Sun, 27 Nov 2011 17:07:03 +0100 Christoph Mair <christoph.mair at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Neil,
>
> Today I tried to enable the power supply for the GPS antenna but could
> not find a way to do so.
>
> Below is a patch which adds a virtual consumer to the vsim regulator
> (and renames vmmc_aux to vsim). In general it may be better to link
> the regulator to the serial device so that power is switched on as
> soon as the device is opened. But I don't have a clue if its even
> possible.

Thanks.

I've added the patch to my gta04 branch (and merged into 'merge').

I agree it would be great if the power were automatically managed on open.

I've spent a while hunting around that code, and I think that if it is
possible it would have to be through the 'omap_hwmod' stuff, which I don't
really understand yet.  But it seems to let you set up master/slave
relationships, and register 'vdd_name' and reset lines for slaves.

NeilBrown