[Gta04-owner] Detecting USB cable insert

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Mon Nov 21 15:50:46 CET 2011

Hi,

This one: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netlink ?

> and also for battery charge changes. I havent noticed any netlink messages on
> GTA04. Is there any recommended way how to detect USB cable plugging and

I have not seen any netlink code in the BeagleBoard based kernels. So it must
have been something special for the GTA02.

> battery charging events?

I am not sure if there are any events (except some dmesg) associated.

The status can be polled through /sys. One is the twl4030_bci
(battery charger). The other should be the "musb" (Mentor USB) driver which
controls the USB/OTG part.

If we implement some new notification schemes we should look what
Kernel 3.2, Nokia N900, OpenPandora and other TI OMAP based devices
are doing.