[Gta04-owner] Booting from NAND

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Mon Nov 21 13:26:19 CET 2011

On Monday 21 November 2011 08:59:47 Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:

> > And one more question. I see that UMTS should be on /dev/ttyHS3, but it
> > is not on mine system (because i dont use udev?). Can someone give me
> > major and minor numbers so that i can create the devices nodes with
> > mknod?
>
> Hm. I think that it is not done by udev at all but the HSO driver.
>
> Can you please check that lsusb shows the modem?
> If yes, the driver should be loaded by USB probing and matching
> and leave some traces in dmesg.
>
> Do you have compiled your own kernel?

Hi, yes. I have my kernel, but i was missing modules. So now after modprobe
hso the device is there and i could even make call using the ATD command - so
this works now, thanks!

> There is one patch required for the EHCI driver. The reason is that
> there is no 5V USB bus power for the Modem. Therefore, the standard
> USB PHY chip does not recognize that the modem is available.
> Therefore, we had to patch the driver to send some ULPI command
> to the PHY chip to disable VBUS sensing:
>
> https://github.com/goldelico/gta04-kernel/commit/c654169f357877288b9080fd00
> 72723c47923484

Nice to see sources on github. Should i use this url for latest sources? I
think i used git on gta04.org for previous version.

Regards

Radek