[Gta04-owner] New hw-validation snapshot

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Sat Nov 19 18:56:50 CET 2011

> This could explain some of the problems we see and where
> the unexpected ear protector is sitting (the antenna switch),
> but not yet the real reason or a cure.

While I was writing the last mail, I got 3 satellites and a position fix.

The setup was with external antenna (Navilock NL64) and no internal
antenna.

As soon as I did connect the internal antenna (this is only possible
if the GTA04 is started without case and battery inserted, but removed
after the device has booted and is powered through USB), the SNR
value broke down and the reception disappeared.

This is a strong indication that the antenna switch does not
really switch but connect both antennas. And since they
are displaced and have different viewing angles, their signals
may interfere.

So please remove the internal antenna completely and try an
external one (MMCX connector) outdoors.